Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Ready for the Holidays

We live in a HUD house, when we moved back to Broken Bow there weren't and houses to rent so we were forced to rent a low income home. I hate living in one because we pay high rent and yet everyone assumes you are poor because of where you live. You may ask yourself what that has to do with the holidays but I am getting to that. Twice a year we get a notice that they will be inspecting our home, yesterday was that day.

I will be the first one to tell you that I am not a good housekeeper. I'm a creative person, which means I tend to be messy at times. I take care of the home, my daughter is the Assistant Manager at our local Runza Restaurant, my son-in-law is disabled and almost blind, my seventeen year old granddaughter is a full time student and works nights at McDonalds, my grandson work as a manager at McDonalds, his girlfriend works full time at the nursing home, and that leaves me with the house and a fourteen month old baby girl. Need I say more?

We received the notice last month so I have been trying to deal with things. It was what they call a white glove inspection. They want all the walls cleaned, windows washed, filters changed, ect. Some of those thing are hard to do ahead of time.

The day before Thanksgiving I was taking down all of the decorations to make room for our Christmas stuff when I pulled a muscle in my lower back. I have been fighting this condition ever since, the more I do the more it hurts. Night before last I hurt so bad I was up all night. I can't take pain meds as I am allergic to them so I just had to tough it through. I prayed, I confessed healing, I cried all to no affect but my house is now clean. We passed the inspection with flying colors and my house looks beautiful. All of the Christmas stuff is up, I actually slept last night, and I am ready for the holidays.

Are last couple of months have been really hard, our car has been broke down and we are walking or having to call for rides, which is so embarrassing when you keep telling people how blessed you are. I know people look at us and laugh, they sure don't want what we have but this is just an attack and we are not giving up. We are going forward and what you see and feel has noting to do with our real world. God has this plan for our lives and we are standing on the edge of a breakthrough. I am excited to see what He has in store for us.
I trust God with everything with in me and I know something awesome is about to take place.

I'm read for the holidays, how about you? Are you ready to go forth even when things look bleak? God has a plan for each of us, we just have to trust Him. Thanks for visiting today, God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment