Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Friday, December 14, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

My Birthday is today so I am going to share with you about how I feel about that. I was born two weeks before Christmas. My parents brought me home on Christmas Eve (in those days women were kept lying flat for ten days) I still have a doll that they gave me for that first Christmas. It's a cloth bodied goggle eyed doll.

For as long as I can remember my parents always told me there would be an extra present under the tree for me because of my birthday, yeah right! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to count gifts under the tree. I was always disappointed. Christmas was always hard at our home, my dad was military and there was four of us kids so money was tight.

The first year I was married, we had nothing, my husband gave me crayons and a coloring book. The next Christmas he was in Vietnam, by the next Christmas my marriage was in trouble. A year later I had three kids under two and a husband who had disappeared off the face of the earth.

Every year in the past forty-four years I have thought; 'next year will be different, next year I won't be alone, and next year I won't be broke.' I would fight depression all the way through November and December. I know as Christians we aren't suppose to be depressed, but sometimes that is hard to put in practice. It doesn't help when your parents pass on, a grandchild dies of SIDS, or when you lose a child.

This year should have been different for me. I have grown so much this last year. I thought I had it all together but as my manuscript(only the first chapter, no one will read the whole thing) was rejected again, I found I had a fight on my hands again. I started getting up at five each morning to pray in the Spirit and then the attacks began; a cold, the flu, a pulled muscle. How many know how hard it is to be up and positive when your in pain?

Today is my birthday and I know that the attacks are over. Not just because of the date but because God is good and His mercies endureth forever. I have come through it all victorious. I trust God with everything and in everything and I know that He has only the best in store for me.

Thanks everyone for all the Birthday Wishes and Prayers. God bless you all. I'll see you all on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment