Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Friday, January 17, 2014

Treacherous Slopes by Terri Reed

My book review today is on the Love Inspired Suspense Book; Treacherous Slopes by Terri Reed. Terri is an awesome suspense writer, I love her work. This one was a great read. Action packed and fast moving, it was not a book you could lay down. Her main characters are broken souls, both are struggling just to survive. They journey is much like the journey's we must travel. The key is to turn to the Lord and trust Him to show us His plan for us.

Nick Walsh is a champion Ariel Skier. He returns home for a very important race but his ski is sabotaged and he takes a fall. Nick is recovering from the death of his brother and wants to win the Olympic Gold for his brother. Nick is convinced his brothers death is his fault. He should have stopped him from trying the new tricks Nick was doing. Even his parents blamed him. Now someone was trying to stopping him from making the team.

Production Assistant Julie Frost needs a promotion and a raise. She convinces her boss to let her do an interview on hometown hero Nick Walsh. Nick's sponsor loves the idea, now all she had to do is convince Nick. Julie had gone to school with Nick but didn't think he would remember her. She had a major crush on the guy but she could keep it professional, right?

Nick had a lot of problems with the media when his brother died, he wasn't up to trust a reporter now but he remembered little Julie. If he had to have a story done could he trust her or had she changed. Then he became a target, could he keep Julie safe?

I love the Winter Olympics and so it's no wonder I loved this book. We have seen in the past how competition can get out of hand. I know you will love this story too. You guys have a great weekend. I have great news; I am getting hooked up to the internet today. I will not have to go to the library or my daughter's. That will help me so much, so I can spend more time on line. Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment