Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Monday, January 6, 2014

Service Station Angel by Lisa J Schuster

My post today in on the book Service Station Angel. I was sent a copy to read and review but the opinions are all my own. I really liked this book. I loved the character and the story itself. It was heart warming, I laughed at times and cried at times but was touched. I loved the out of body trip to Heaven, I always wanted to do that and the salvation events were awesome.  There were however quite a few errors in the printing of the story, for instance I had two blank pages, there were several words that were there twice, ect. I found that mildly irritating.

Ernie Price was a middle-aged man who owned a service Station back in the day when it really was a service station. Ernie was a humble man who lived alone. He served his community and his church all of his life; he was a music director for the children's choir in his church, hosting a yearly Christmas Party for the poor children in his community, collecting broken and used toys all year, and then spending all his extra time repairing them. Ernie is beloved by all the town.

A robbery at the local grocery changed his life forever. Paul Lewis and Ernie are shot by the robber and left for dead. A customer comes in and find the two men dying. After taken to the hospital Ernie is pronounced dead. He leaves his body and is taken to Heaven where he is met by his parents and Paul and his family. Ernie is told he isn't finished yet so is sent back to earth.

A great story but I do have a problem with Paul's death. His daughter says that God must have needed another angel in Heaven so  he took her daddy home. I have a problem with that! God doesn't kill people and take daddies from little girls. John 10:10 says, The thief comes to kill, steal, and destroy: I am come that you might have life and that they have it more abundantly. God has nothing to do with the man that picks up a gun and blows people away. Sorry but that is a soap box of mine. I do recommend this book. I know you will be touched by it. God bless you and have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment