Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Reluctant Outlaw by Karen Kirst

My book review today is on the Love Inspired Historical Book; The Reluctant Outlaw by Karen Kirst. This book is one of the Smoky Mountain Matches. I really enjoyed this book. It was well written and had a lot of action. The heroine was not your normal small town girl. She couldn't cook or sew but could shoot, ride, and hunt like a man. Her characters were flawed but found out they made a good team. I loved the way Karen wove her faith into her stories.

Juliana O'Malley goes to the general store to buy things for her mother's birthday party but a man stands in her way. He tells her she can't go in but head strong Juliana is not to be stopped. After she shoves her way in, she finds a robbery in progress. The leader tells the man from the door to grab her. Juliana is drawn to this rugged, ruthless, criminal who seems to be protecting her from the other men in the gang.

Evan Harrison is out to find the man that killed his brother. He has tracked the killer for almost a year.
kidnapping was not something he had planned to do. Now instead of his mission he was forced to protect the beautiful, strong-willed woman. How could he protect her without blowing his cover? They end up taking a harrowing journey through the Smoky Mountains.

A great story, I loved these characters. You will laugh and then you will cry. I know you will love the book. God bless you all.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Glenda,

    Nice to talk with you again! :) Thanks for stopping into my post "The Song that Will Blow You Away...."

    So, what have you been thinking about lately, and working on? How is your writing going? How is life?

    Jennifer Dougan
    www.jenniferdougan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing all right. I have been fighting a battle with shingles, but God is good and I'm gaining strength each day. I finally got my internet hooked up so I'm excited about that. I've been doing a lot of babysitting for my great grands and enjoying it. I have another one coming in March. I'm writing my sixth book. I put it on a shelf for a while and have been putting God first. Now I'm picking it up and will finish it.

      Delete