Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Monday, September 16, 2013

The Secret Princess by Rachelle McCalla

My book today is on a Love Inspired Historical Book, the second in the series Protecting the Crown, The Secret Princess by Rachelle McCalla. I loved this book as I have all of Rachelle's books on the land of Lydia. I missed the first of this series so I'm going to have to see if I can find a copy. I love they way she weaves her faith into her books. This one is very well written.

Prince Luke, second in line to the throne was injured in a battle. Evelyn is forced to care for him in a small hut on the edge of a village. She saves his life after a mortal wound but is then told he was killed when the hut caught fire and burned to the ground.

Luke continues to try to find the woman who saved him, even now after it's been over a year. When he finds her he learns that she is a slave that belongs to King Garren and is forced to do manual labor.
Unknown to him, Evelyn is the daughter of the king's son, the man who killed Luke's father. Though he shares her faith, Evelyn fears for her life and that of her younger brother. So she tries to keep her secret from Luke even though she loves him, vengeance is all she knows and she can't lose her brother too.

A great story of love and forgiveness, I know you will love this book, so run out and get a copy. God bless you and have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment