Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Friday, June 7, 2013

Deadly Devotion by Sandra Orchard

My book today is a the first book in the Port Aster Series, Deadly Devotions by Sandra Orchard. It is a very well written, fast paced, intrigue and I couldn't put it down. I really enjoy the way Sandra writes and was thrilled when I received a copy in the mail. This book did not let me down, it was a great read. Her characters were all seriously flawed but then most of us are. I loved how they dealt with their issues and continued on their journeys.

Kate Adams is a research scientist and has just about made a major breakthrough on an herbal cure for depression  when her mentor and dear friend is found dead. Daisy is believed to have taken her own life but Kate refuses to believe she could do that. She sets out to force the police to reopen the case.

Detective Tom Parker, former FBI agent isn't sure what to think of the feisty little red head when she bursts into his office and orders them to reopen a closed case. His boss has ordered him to close the case and Tom hasn't been able to fit into the small town life of his hometown and fears for his job. He tells her if she finds any evidence he will do his best. He never though she would jump into an investigation with both feet, nor did he realize he would be force to bail her out of trouble time after time.

The case where everyone seems to have a motive is forcing Kate to doubt each of her close friends, only to find herself as the main suspect.

The story is funny, inspiring, and at the same time as it is mysterious and intriguing. I know you will love the story so you should run out and get a copy. You can find out more about Sandra's books at www.SandraOrchard.com or at www.facebook.com/SandraOrchard. I was sent a copy of this book to review and I assure all my reflections are my own.

Have a great weekend and God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment