Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Merciless by Tamara Leigh

My review today is on the Medieval Romance, Merciless. This is the first book of the Age Of Conquest Series. I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book. It was my Birthday present to my self (I just don't buy books) but I love Tamara's books. This book is well written, action packed, and full of romance. I loved it. I know you will too.
After the Battle of Hastings, England is in turmoil, Chevaliar Cyr D'Argent (Merciless Cyr) and his family come to England to fight for the Norman cause. They win a tremendous battle but as Cyr looks for his uncle and brothers he find his uncle has died. It appears the great warrior has died at the hands of five young boys. A hard thing to happen. One of his brothers is missing and one has lost his arm, Cyr meets a young woman on the battle ground. She is a servant looking for the boy in her charge. He ends up helping the woman and is unable to get her out of his mind. After he has left England and returned to France he is drawn to God and a priest who mentors him. Two years later he is given his choice of lands as a reward; he heads for Wulfenshire, he must find his missing brother and the woman with no name.
Aelfled of Wulfen has sworn her life to her lady. She is in charge of her lady's son. The boy takes his friends and runs off to the battle. She is out looking for him; when she finds him and his friends on top of a Norman Warrior all of them dead she is beside herself. A silver haired warrior does everything in his power to protect her from the Normans salvaging the battle field. When she insist on moving her lady's son and then the boys so their bodies won't be desecrated he helps her for a time. She finds later he has moved all the boys and covered them so they weren't found. She has lost her faith and allows herself to be used by the rebels to fight the Normans. She can't forget the man who helped her even though he is her enemy.
These two broken souls are forced to remain apart because they are enemies. Can Cyr keep Aelf safe as her own people believe she has betrayed them? God has a plan for these two; a plan for a hope and a future. God has a plan for you too. A good plan and not for evil. Give Him your heart and watch Him move in your crisis.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Glenda! Thank you for another lovely review. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful put up, very informative. I ponder why the
    other experts of this sector don't realize this.
    You should continue your writing. I am confident, you've a huge readers' base already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your encouragement. I enjoy writing and hope to help fellow writers. My reviews are just seeds sown. I know in time I will receive a harvest. God is good like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was suggested this web site by my cousin. I am not sure whether this
    post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my problem.
    You are amazing! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete