Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Joseph's Bride by Grace Given

My review today is on the Amish Book, Joseph's Bride. I don't think I have ever read any of Grace's
work but I did enjoy this one. It is a very clever  modern day story of Joseph and his brothers from  the book of Genesis. She did a really good job on adapting a story that I thought would be hard to put into our modern world but I'm sure having them Amish did help.

Joseph Fischer is one of twelve boys born  to Jakob. Jakob's first wife died in child birth  after giving him ten baby boys. Jakob remarried and had Joseph and Benjamin. Joseph was his daett's favorite. Joseph is a very good carpenter and intends to marry Mary as soon as he is baptized he has no desire to have his Rumspringa. He has a dream that his stubborn brothers bow down to him. They didn't take that well.

Joseph's brothers take him out to a bar a week before he is to be baptized but Joseph refuses to drink or kiss the woman the boys tried to force on him. So his brothers devised a plan to steal a book in the middle of the night and set Joseph up. Their plan works and Joseph is shunned and sent out into the Englisch world. Joseph lands a job in a restaurant and works his way up only to land in jail when his wife tells everyone he tried to rape her.

This modern day bible story is well written and full of faith. I loved her characters and the way she stayed true to the original story. I know you will enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment