Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

A Gift Forever by Diane Craver

My review today is on a very sweet story called A Gift Forever. I don't think I have read any of Diane's books before. I could be wrong about that but I really enjoyed this one very much. I don't always like books written in the first person but this one was exceptional. The story is well written, heart warming, and full of a child's faith. Jesus says we need faith like a child and so this one is scriptural. You will love  the characters.

This story is told by a seven year old, Debbie. She is the youngest of four children. Debbie gets up in the night to go to the bathroom and sees he father struggling to read her second grade book. Debbie is torn about what to do. She must tell someone. When she tells her sisters, her mother hears and admits that it is true her father cannot read. So Debbie prays for Jesus to send someone to help her dad learn to read. When her father hears what she had prayed, he tells her that Jesus already sent someone, her.

This family has many adventures throughout the book. I especially like that at the end she tells what happened to each of the characters as they grow up, I loved that about it. You really need to get a copy of this story, especially with the holidays coming up. A great read!

No comments:

Post a Comment