Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Friday, September 25, 2015

My Greatest Gift by Glenda Parker

My post today is not my usual book review today I want to tell you about my greatest gift God gave me. Fifty years ago I married an airmen. I became pregnant right away but unfortunately I lost that baby. It broke my heart. No one seemed to realize how hard that was for me but even though I wasn't very far along it was devastating to me.  Because I lost that child my husband received orders for Vietnam. He had had orders before but because of the first pregnancy they had  let him stay; now I was going to have to go through almost all of my pregnancy alone. My father came and picked my up in Lincoln and took me to Minot, North Dakota to stay with them at their air base. I lived in total fear I didn't know God then, at least not like I do now. I would go weeks without hearing from my husband and during that time I was so afraid I'd lose him and this baby. It was the worst six months of my life.

Forty-nine years ago today I woke up with contractions. When I went to the hospital the doctor sent me home. He said I could be like that a month, the baby just wasn't ready yet. (I had already gone over my due date 25 days.) I know more than got back to the air base than my water broke and they had to rush me back to the hospital. At 7:31 P.M. my beautiful baby girl was born.

Kellie Koree Parker was 6 lbs. and 15 ounces, she was 16 inches long. Such a tiny little thing to turn my life upside down. What a great gift you have been in my life. I thank God for such a wonderful gift, you have stood beside me when I had no one else and you are my best friend. I love all my children but the rest have always lived far away and are not a part of my life. I'm doing good to see them one or twice a year but Kellie is always there for me. You are a great joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment