Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

The Betrayed Lady Winters by Emma Linfield

My review today is on the Historical Regency Romance, The Betrayed Lady Winters. This book was sent to me as a gift, I am not required to write a review but I enjoyed it so I will share it with you.
I have never read any of Emma's books before but I did really like this one. I'm sure I'll read more of her work. This story is well written and contains some intrigue. I'm sure you are going to love it.
Lady Ivy Winters is having her coming out party. Her father wants her to meet Duke Merrick. It would be a good match for her. When she meets the handsome Duke, he is arrogant and rude. She is not impressed. When her best friend repeats rumors she has heard, Ivy tells her father she will not marry this man. He must tell him tonight. She then leaves the party. When she returns her father is being taken to the hospital and her brother has been arrested for poisoning his father. Ivy is sure the Duke is the one who tried to kill her father. She convinces a cousin to help her deal with the Duke, find evidence, and get her brother out of jail.
Duke Royce Merrick has worked his way up to the top of his field after his father almost destroyed the business because of his gambling. Royce feels he must help men that are addicted to gambling. He comes to the ball and is blown away by the beautiful Lady Winters. He is in awe of her and got carried away when he talks to her. He can tell she isn't impressed. He has blown it. When her father is taken to the hospital and her brother taken away he feels bad for her and offers to help her in any way. He is shocked when she comes to see him.
A journey of two souls trying to find the answers to the attack on Lord Winters. God has a plan for these two, a good plan and not for evil. God has a plan for you too. Give Him your heart and watch Him work in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment