Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Monday, December 16, 2013

The Unexpected Gift

My post today is different. Yesterday my Pastor spoke on the unexpected gift. The Old Testament is full of scriptures foretelling of the Messiah but the people were expecting a King, a Ruler, the son of David, not a baby born in a manger. Most of the people refused to believe this baby would someday be the Savior of the world.

Jesus was raised by a couple who knew he was God, knew how he was conceived and yet didn't really believe he was here to do the Father's business. The town refused to see Jesus was anyone other than a carpenter, Mary and Joesph's son. They wouldn't even believe he was a prophet.

It was difficult for even the disciples to see Jesus as the son of God. They expected Jesus to throw over the government and become the king of the Old Testament. They were shocked when He was crucified. But are we that much different?

Jesus is The Unexpected Gift. We wander through life trying to do what we think is right or what we think will make us happy and most of us don't give a thought to the wondrous gift God gave us.

This last few weeks my church has been on a mission to save souls. My church is small; we average about fifty to sixty people a week in attendance but we have led over a hundred people to Jesus using a simple tool called a Salvation Script in a program called Witness, Win, and Bring Them in. Ordinary people like you and me are leading sinner to Christ. This Christmas season more than a hundred and fifteen people have found the Unexpected Gift and have turned their lives around.

Have you met this Unexpected Gift? He is the most wondrous gift that God had to give. Your life can be turned around too, just repeat this prayer after me: Dear Lord Jesus, come into my heart. Forgive me of my sins. Wash me and cleans me. Set me free. Jesus, thank you that you died for me. I believe that You are risen from the dead and that You're coming back again for me. Fill me with your Holy Spirit. Give me a passion for the lost, a hunger for the things of God, and a holy boldness to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. In Jesus name Amen. If you prayed this prayer with me please contact me and I will send you a copy of a little book about being born again. God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment