Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Her Christmas Cowboy by Brenda Minton

My book review today is on second story in the Love Inspired Novella Christmas Gifts. This story is Her Christmas Cowboy by Brenda Minton. I love Brenda's work and this story was one of my favorites. I just finished one of her books about the Cooper men (I have read them out of order) that I loved so I was thrilled to read about Travis. I hope to read more about the large family of Coopers. Brenda's characters are all flawed but manage to trust in God to get them straightened out. I love that. Travis is ADHA, a problem a lot of our kids deal with. It's great to see how he struggles but stays a man of God.

Elizabeth Harden comes to a bull riding event for her father. Recently dumped by her fiancee` only to have him run off and elope with someone else, she sends her parents on the honeymoon she was to take. Now she is here to help her father who is sponsoring this event. A cowboy comes to her rescue, sweeps her off her feet, and saves her from being mauled by one of the bulls.

Travis Cooper is a bull fighter. His job is to distract the bulls while the rider gets to safety. On this night he manages to save a beautiful woman. He has heard all about what has happened to her from her father. He's well aware of the fact that she has been badly hurt. He knows she isn't a woman to trifle with.

Unable to fly out because of the weather, she accepts Travis help but tries to guard her heart. Travis is a womanizer just like her fiancee` she must protect herself.

This is a great book and I know you will love reading it. You need to run out and get this book. God bless you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment