Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Monday, August 29, 2016

Shot Through the Heart by Angelica Rose

My review today is on the book, Shot Through the Heart. I enjoyed this story as I do all of Angelica's books. It's well written and full of adventure. I love Navy Seals and there was a unit of them. I enjoyed that and I loved the end of the book.

Emily Parker runs a way from her ex-boyfriend when she found out he is a criminal. Grabbing evidence to ensure her safety she heads out on a cruise ship to New York hoping her boyfriend won't think she took the long way to freedom. She wakes up to men arguing outside her door in the middle of the night. A drunk man tells the others that he saw to her room earlier and it was five decks above them. The other men leave. Soon there is pounding on the door and the drunk turns out to be a Navy Seal. He pushes his way into her room. How can she trust him?

Navy Seal Ben Portman is assigned to the cruise ship to do recon detail on a possible drug ring. He finds the drug lord's girlfriend hiding on the cruise and intervenes when his men come looking for the her. She promises him evidence and he arranges for his team to come and extricate them from the ship. Can Ben keep her safe without loosing his heart as they are trapped in her room for hours?

A journey of two people caught up in the struggle of trying to survive the drug war. This is not the Christian book that I normally read so I can't help but think how much better it would have been for them had they been able to rely on God. God always makes a way for His people. The book is a good story and I'm sure you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment