Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Friday, December 30, 2011

Year End

Year end sounds like a sale, right? This has been a year of ups and downs. My daughter married the love her life. My granddaughter married this year also. My god-daughter gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, Bentley. I received my passport. I didn't see a way to do that on my limited income but God made a way. My granddaughter, Schanae and I got the chance of a lifetime, a chance to go on a mission trip. I never thought I'd get to do that, even though it has been my desire since I was twelve. I had been so excited about the trip and had to believe for the money to come in. Then just a few weeks before we were to leave my youngest daughter and Schanae's mother died. I saw no way possible to go but God intervened and we were able to go. It was a healing thing for both of us. The hopelessness and poverty in a third world country will change your life forever. We were able to minister to so many people. We will go again this coming year. We will go to Panama this year. We will have to pray in the finances again this year but we know God can meet our needs.

This year has been a year of victory for me. I have grown so much in my Christian walk. There is just no way to put into words what God has done for me. I have learned so much in my journey to publication. I have all my friends I blog with to thank for that. In July I wasn't even sure what a blog was, now I post blogs three times a week and spend hours reading other blogs. I am starting to tweet and I just started my own author's page. I can spend hours reading my emails. I now have a kindle and can download everyone's books. Who new you could teach an old dog new tricks?

My grandson, Jeremy came home from work and said one of his friends was talking about the internet and he had said something about his grandmother being on the computer.(I use to work at McDonald's where he works) and his friends laughed. He told them that I was the one who was always on the computer and if they needed help just to call her. He told them she blogs, she tweets, and she talks to people all over the world. I thought that was cute.

This has been a great year. the only thing missing is publication but I do know I am much closer this year than I was last year. God is good and His mercy endures forever. Has this been a good year for you? What do you look forward to this coming year? God has told me it will be a year of intercession. I like that. I pray you all have a blessed and prosperous new year. I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment