Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Music

Yesterday my granddaughter told me she was tired of Christmas music. Did we have to listen to now? She is sixteen and has a Christmas program on Thursday. "That all I hear and all I think about." Schanae shared. So we watched Christmas movies instead. My best friend came over. She doesn't have cable or satellite and she wanted to see The Heart of Christmas. We watched movies four six hours and Schanae never said a word.
 Her idea of Christmas music is different than mine. She sings the generic holiday stuff. (Her words not mine)             

I woke up in the middle of the night to Mary Did You Know running through my head. I laid there for hours trying to remember the exact words. I love old song but I love the new contemporary ones too. I love to have all the world praising Jesus, giving glory to God. I know that some of the radio stations are playing Silver Bells, Jingle Bells, or Grandma Got Ran Over By a Reindeer. (I find that frightening) Every once in a while they will slip in a song that is meaningful simply because it is a well known artist. My radio station, My
Bridge is so awesome the play the best of faith filled contemporary Christmas music, there is little talking, and no commercials. Just wonderful.

This is the only time of the year when everyone is singing about Christ our Lord. There are people who don't like it but when they hear the songs they still can sing alone because it is in them down deep. This year with all it's trials it seems to be even more of a blessing. Santa songs don't help much when you don't have a home, a job, but you do have a family to care for and no idea how to do it. Jesus is the reason for the season and the hope for us all.

How about you? Do you get tired of the Christmas Music? Do you know the true meaning of Christmas? Do you share it with the homeless and the hopeless? Can you help others to show them God Love? If you struggle with depression (I know a lot of people do) go out and find someone who has less than you do and help them. It works every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment