Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Friday!

I didn't feel right about doing a book review on such a holy day. Have you watched the Passion of the Christ by Mel Gibson? It has been banned in some places because of the violence and bloody gore and yet the Passion doesn't begin to show us what really happened. Isaiah says that even His own mother wouldn't have recognized Him. He was recognizable as being a man. They didn't pull out His beard, they didn't rip His body with glass, metal strips, or sharp rocks. They didn't beat Him with their fists. They placed the crown of thorns on His head but they didn't shove it on the way the soldiers did. So even this graphic tale of horror doesn't come close what the Son of God went through on this day. He did it all for me! He did it all for you! Isaiah 53:4  Surely He has borne our griefs (sickness, weaknesses, and distresses) and carried our sorrows and pains, yet we considered Him stricken, smitten, and afflicted by God. Verse 5, But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our guilt and iniquities; the chastisement (needful to obtain) peace and well-being for us was upon Him, and by His stripes (that wounded) Him we are healed and made whole. Verse 6, All we like sheep have gone astray, we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord has made light upon Him the guilt and iniquity of us all. (Amplified Bible)

He went through all the pain and suffering because He could look past the pain and into the future to see you and me. He took those stripes so I could be saved and set free from my sins, I could be healed and free from pain (Notice there is nothing said about a person's age.) and that I could have life and have it more abundantly.(He wants us to prosper) He did that for me. The horror of such a death we are not capable of imagining but I will praise Him all the days of my life.

To my brothers and their families I am a gullible Jesus freak but to my God I am his loving daughter and I will serve Him all my days. It is hard to understand how the God of the whole universe could look down and choose me to be His beloved daughter. The Word says He loves me as much as He loves Jesus, I can't fathom that. Jesus looked down and loved me so much He was willing to go through such horror that I could be His sister forever. The Holy Spirit loves me so much He has come and made His home with me, to lead me, guide me, and teach me all that I need to know. No this is no ordinary day and I can't just write a review I must write about how good is my God, my Lord and my Holy Spirit. How awesome is their Word.

Have a glorious weekend but forget the eggs and bunnies for a little while and Praise the God who made all things possible! God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment