Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Beauty in Disguise by Mary Moore

My book review today is a Historical by Love Inspired, Beauty in Disguise by Mary Moore. I don't read many Historicals, I try to stay in my own genre but this one was free so of course I had to read it. I really enjoyed it. I love the way Mary wove her faith in to the story, it was very uplifting.

Lady Kathryn is hiding from a season that ended in scandal nine years ago, disguised as Kate Montgomery. She is now a companion for Charity Dinsmore and is coaching the young, spoiled, rich girl to get ready for her first season.

Lord Christopher Dalton comes to Dinsmore Manor to look at some horses. The Dinsmores have their own agenda, to marry off Charity to Lord Dalton. Lord Dalton comes a day early and stays at the inn. On a midnight stroll he meets a beautiful young woman on the bridge. He is unaware that the beauty he meets is the love he lost nine years ago. Drawn by Kate and the woman on the bridge more than the spoiled brat they are trying to marry him off to he discovers her true identity.

Still drawn to the beauty he decides to punish her until he speaks with her and finds out he is as much to blame as she is. He goes to see her estranged father, only to find him at deaths door. Still not sure what he feels he sets out to reunite the father and daughter.

Katryn still loves Lord Dalton but can not bear to cause him shame. She refuses his advances and runs. She can't spend the rest of her life in the unbearable disguise.

This is a great read and I'm sure you will love it.You can find more about Mary and her books at www.marymooreauthor.com. God bless you.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Glenda! I'm glad to become a follower of this site. The people that take the time to blog in the first place, but then to help authors and artists have a special place in my heart. I am sorry to hear about the passing of your youngest child. I am happy to know you have the peace that he/she is with Jesus. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, very few authors do. I like to feel like I am helping other authors as I improve my own craft. God bless you and your writing.

      Delete