Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

My Only Chance by Kelly Desalis

 My review today is on the romantic suspense, My Only Chance. This is book one in the Athena Series. I haven't read any of Kelly's books before but I liked this one. It really spoke to me for I came from an abusive marriage and at one time feared for my life. Domestic abuse is a big problem in this nation. For all my followers I must warn you that this is not a Christian book. There is some bad language all though  it is used in the right situations. The story is well written; I know you will like her characters. I highly recommend it.

Mary had three close friends when she graduated. Now after all these years she has been cut off from them. A controlling, abusive husband does that. She is now divorced and has come home free at last. One of her friends is angry with her and insists on hurting her for cutting her off. The twins are still her friends and are thrilled she's back. One of the twins had been abused and knew the symptoms. Mary wants to rebuild her parents shop and start a new life. She meets a man that will help her. A man she could see herself with.

Handyman David is told by one of the twins that heir friend is wanting to repair her parents shop. He was their handyman and has a key. He goes there to see how bad it is and find a woman there. He grabs her from behind and ends up with a black eye. He is drawn to the woman and pursues her. He isn't put off when he hears about her marriage and about her ex. He only wants to cherish her.

A journey to a new life. Their lives are filled with ups and downs. There is life after abuse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment