Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Friday, October 11, 2019

Hope's Highest Mountain by Misty M. Beller

My review today is on the Historical Western Romance, Hope's Highest Mountain. This is book one in her new series Hearts of Montana. I really enjoy Misty's books so I was thrilled when this one came in the mail. My only problem with the book was I was ill when I read it. I was suffering from a chill and it's gotten cold here so when I was reading all about being caught up in snow storm I just couldn't get warm. It's that graphic. I wasn't able to put the book down. This book is well written, full of action, and turmoil. I know you are going to love it.
Ingrid Chastain is accompanying her father to a small town in the mountains. The town was suffering from a small pox epidemic and the Chastains were bring them medicine to save the town. As they are high on a ledge the driver of their wagon has a coughing spell causing an accident. Ingrid grabs the reigns to try to keep the wagon and mules on the ledge but the wagon goes over the edge. Ingrid is thrown down but is caught on a bush.
Ex-doctor Micah Bradley lost his wife, daughter, and his faith several years ago to small pox epidemic. He now lives in the mountain. He has no home and likes it that way. He roams around trapping and staying away from people. He finds Ingrid and takes her to his camp. She is badly injured. He set her leg and treats her. When Ingrid awakens she is determined to go take the medicine to the town. Micah finally agrees to take her and the medicines to the town. 
A horrendous journey in the winter through the mountains of Montana. Ingrid is full of faith while Micah has lost his but it soon becomes obvious only God is going to get them through. God has a plan for these two. a plan for a hope and a future. God has a plan for you too. A good plan and not for evil. Give Him your heart and watch Him turn your life around.

1 comment: