Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Monday, March 9, 2015

Plain Peril by Alison Stone

My book review today is on the Love Inspired Suspense, Plain Peril. I love Amish books and I loves suspense so it's easy to understand why I loved this book. I enjoy Alison's books; they are well written, full of action, and I love her characters. Her people although flawed will touch your heart. I think most people believe that if they're Amish they have to be good but Amish are like anyone else, some are good honest people and some aren't. I love the way the love of God is woven throughout the book.

Hannah Wittmer had ran away from an abusive father years ago, now after the death of her sister, she has returned to raise her sister's children and care for her widowed mother. She is not really accepted by the community but is struggling to conform to their way of life. Her sister's brother-in-law wants the land and the children but she is determined to raise her nieces. Her struggles soon attracts the attention the sheriff and her sister's killer.

Sheriff Spencer Maxwell is on the tracks of a murderer. He tells the beautiful Hannah her sister was murdered instead of having an accident. As he investigates little things begin to happen to Hannah until it escalates and she and the children are forced to move from the farm.

A journey of a couple who don't seem to belong anywhere, a community that refuses to accept either of them, and a plan of God to bring restoration to a family. A must read.

No comments:

Post a Comment