Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

courageous

I went to see the movie "Courageous" last night.  What a wonderful movie.  I have watched all of the Sherwood productions.  "Flywheel" was there first movie and was produce on a shoestring.  The story was wonderful.  The acting not so great but the story touched your heart.  "Facing the Giants" was wonderful.  "Fireproof" has healed an unimaginable amount of marriages. This last one deals with fatherhood. It is a timely movie. We have so many single parent families.  A father is so important to the lives of children.  There is no way a woman can fill that place.  I know because I raised four fatherless children.  Although my children are grown there is still an emptiness that has been present their whole life.

I was pregnant with my second child when my husband ran off.  That fall I had twins so now I had three kids under two.  With very little help I did the best I could.  Eight years later I gave birth to my last child. Her father refused to be a part of her life also.  My children did everything they could to make a father proud but didn't have one to please.  They still have problems.

Men need to stand up and be men.  The four men in the movie chose to find out what the Bible says about what being a father was really all about.  They chose to make a resolution to be the best fathers they could be.

My generation did so much damage to manhood.  We lifted women up to the point that we have almost destroyed men. How tragic is that? Women can be women but there is still a need for a man to be a man.
Women want men to stand up and be the head of their family or their homes.  It's the way God created us.
I want that kind of a man. I use to think that after being badly abused the last thing I wanted in my life was a man, but after seeing that movie I came out with the thought I'd really like one of those. (A true  man of God)
there is nothing as appealing as a man who loves God. I just have to say!

Go see the movie it is awesome. I loved it.  Have you seen it?  Don't you just love what that church can do?
Who knew a church could make movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment